A sore throat can be caused by:
1. Common viruses, and even the viruses that cause mononucleosis (mono) and the flu, can cause a sore throat. Some viruses can also produce blisters in the mouth and throat (“aphthous stomatitis”).
2. After treatment with antibiotics, chemotherapy, or other immune-compromising medications may be due to Candida, commonly known as “thrush.”
3. Sinus drainage (post nasal drip) may cause a sore throat.
4. It can also be caused by bacteria. The two most common bacteria are Streptococcus (which causes strep throat) and Arcanobacterium haemolyticum. Arcanobacterium causes sore throats mainly in young adults and is sometimes associated with a fine red rash.
However more than 90% of the time it is caused by a virus(see #1 above). These viruses are highly contagious and spread quickly, especially in winter. The body builds antibodies that destroy the virus,however the process may take a week or two. So it it very important that you take action fast. You see I had sore throat before and I know it is one of the most painful feeling you can imagine. Just to think that you can’t even swallow you saliva without feeling like a rock is forcing its way down your throat, literally. And the funny thing is you never knew you had so much saliva- you get the picture? I know you do.
Oftentimes this condition is one of the first symptoms of our body’s fight against the common cold or flu which maybe due to the change of temperature, exposure to cold, or just by drinking some beverage that is extremely cold.
So How Do You Know If You Have A Sore Throat?
How To Detect If You Really Have This Condition: If you have problems like: read area in your throat, or pain when you swallow, cough, and for children, diarrhea, you definitely have a sore throat. More other symptoms may include redness all around one’ s mouth.
There are many ways of helping the body in dealing with infections. Home remedies for sore throat are various and they include many aspects: diet, natural antiseptics, natural analgesics or natural antibacterial cures. Used appropriately, home remedies for strep throat can speed up the process of healing by fighting bacteria and by stimulating the immune system of the body.
24 Hour Safe Natural Home Remedy
1. Warm one cup of water and add half tea spoon of salt. Be sure that the water is not too hot to burn you. Mix out the salt until it is almost dissolved.
2. Rinse your mouth and gargle your throat with the salt water solution in the same way you would with a mouth wash. Do this 3 – 4 times.
3. Another effective remedy to end you problem in 24 hours is mango bark. You can mix a small amount with water and gargle several times.