Wrinkles are for some people a typical part of aging even though folks just like you and me are testing every lotion, potion and ointment they can get their hands on to combat wrinkles, firm up floppy skin and brighten their complexion.
And it appears there is no special age for wanting to look younger. Thirty-year olds wish to look 20 while forty-somethings want to be 30. Everyone over 50 thinks those in their 30’s and 40’s are ridiculous and should be blessed to look their age. It’s really a perpetual cycle when you’re attempting to fight nature and its designs to age you and your skin.
Many health and skincare experts recommend healthy eating as a way to slow the aging process.
But can you truly look 17 years younger simply by switching your eating habits?
Inflammation is a element in numerous ailments and the maturating of your skin is no exception. When cellular inflammation happens, certain collagen-destroying chemicals are released. Collagen is the ingredient that makes skin its elasticity and keeps it supple. As you can guess, when it becomes damaged your skin will begin to look older.
Various agents can cause inflammation to occur including pollution, overexposure to the sun as well as inadequate dietary habits. As you might have guessed, we’re going to check out a few of the foods that can help you look younger for years to come. Chances are you are already using or eating some of the items on the list, so use this as a guide to improve your pre-existing skin-care program.
Foods To Help Prevent Wrinkles
1. Sources of protein such as poultry, eggs, beef and fish furnish amino acids which are essential for cellular repair. By including enough protein in your diet, you’ll enable your body to keep collagen cells healthy which leads to healthier skin.
For an added protein incentive, try to include plenty of fatty fish. Salmon in particular provides essential fatty acids, or EFAs which are fantastic anti-inflammatories. Fish also contains DMAE – dimethylaminoethanol – which helps keep skin damage from free radicals. Fish oil capsules or flaxseed oil can be substituted if you don’t like fish.
2. Veggies, especially the dark green assortment carry powerful antioxidants that help to stop inflammation. Indulge with large green salads whenever you can. Replacing your snack foods with more ‘healthier’ alternatives like carrots and celery sticks can also go a long way in keeping your body healthy and happy.
3. As long as you’re eating salads, you might as well use olive oil in the dressing. Olive oil is a natural source of stacks of anti-oxidants.
4. One of the healthiest fruit selections you can make is berries – pick from blueberries, strawberries, blackberries or raspberries. They’re full of collagen-protecting properties, eat them every day if you can.
5. Water is without a doubt your best friend in fighting off signs of old age. So drink more water!
All of these tips will help you maintain the healthy skin that you already have for years to come. It’s a lot easier to maintain firm healthy skin than it is to try and repair it once it’s already been damaged.
About The Author:Katie Desden
For additional information on the product, go visit What is Cupuacu?