Office Design Can Enhance Work Performance
When developing an office design, there should be a balance between exceptional style and functionality. The layout and furniture used in an office must support the work processes that contribute towards a company’s success. For example in work environments that involve a lot of frequent discussions and sharing amongst colleagues, it would not make sense include partitions between desks. An open plan design with plenty of room to walk to multiple areas within the office would ideal.
When employees are in an environment that makes them feel comfortable and more at ease to complete their tasks, they are more inclined to work harder. That’s why many people choose to decorate their desks with family photos and little trinkets that add a personal touch to their work area. Being in a bland, poorly furnished office does not boost employee morale. Similarly, prospective clients will not be impressed if a work environment looks disorganised, plain or cheap. Just like company products, services and websites; your office needs to reflect the company brand image.
To ensure your office’s interior design becomes an asset to your company, you should enlist the help of professional interior designers who specialise in offices. GXI Group is such a company that work in partnership with their clients to create a stylish, state of the art office design that supports a company’s productivity, is fully functional, and creates a positive energy.
GXI Group customers are always happy with the results because they are encouraged to have a significant input into how the office design is developed. Your company image, office dynamic and processes are always put into consideration, as is your specified budget, when the GXI team create and fit out your new office.
Popular Office Designs Chosen by Senior Managers
Certain fittings and materials benefit an office and its productivity a lot more than some people may realise. Depending on your type of company and the people who frequently visit, the following office design ideas could transform how work is conducted for the better.
- Recessed desktop or television screens to create a more dynamic display and free up more space.
- Panels to conceal storage and surfaces where personal items are kept. This maintains the illusion of a professional and well kept office to outsiders and clients but still allows employees to customise their work area.
- Decorative items to enhance the overall ambience or vibe of a room. Whether it be rugs adding warmth and colour, contemporary artwork reflecting creativity, plants to help improve air quality etc.
- Glass walls for a clear, open and inviting atmosphere
- Sliding glass doors to again encourage an open, collaborative atmosphere, with the option to be closed for conference calls and meetings.
- Quiet areas with lounge chairs for contemplation and relaxed work discussions
- Adjustable ceiling lights to save energy and create the right intensity of light
These are just a few ideas that have been implemented by top senior managers in the UK. You too can have a highly functional office at a reasonable cost that will make every day in the office a comfortable experience for yourself, visitors and clients.
About The Author:
Diane WilsonGXI Group
Email: [email protected]